Tuesday 9 June 2015

GALAXIES OF CELLS AND PAPERCUTS



So here are the completed crocheted wire cells in their galaxy formation laid out on my carpet at home. I am really pleased with the effect I just have to work on the method for hanging them how I want them now.

I am currently working on some new framed works using drawing and papercuts for an exhibition coming up in July. The exhibition is organised by One Nucleus as part of the On Helix conference at the Wellcome Trust campus in Cambridge. The work is all based on human biology and is highly influenced by my on-going residency at MedImmune and my research there. Although these snaps taken with my phone aren't the best I hope they give you some idea of what I am doing.
There are lots of cells, tissue, neurones,  veins, nerves, arteries etc influencing my ideas and the idea of layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment