Monday 2 October 2017

MATERIAL EXPERIMENTS



I have been experimenting with ideas in fabric in my studio lately. I am still pursuing galleries to show my MedImmune residency work but I have to be making stuff as well as doing admin jobs or it will drive me crazy. I have been sketching and playing with ideas and techniques. I don't know where this is heading yet but play is the best way to find creative ideas, don't you think? So crocheting with wire and wool, cutting/folding/sewing fabric are all on the go. Where will it take me?

 

Which side is the right side? I like the effect on both. 



 Cut, folded and sewn- this makes a fabulous spine effect when rolled up in this photo.


 Again I can't decide which side is best here, the folds on the right or the ends on the left? I suppose the joy of sculptural pieces is that I don't have to chose the viewer can see both. Here's some sketchbook 'thinking' too..












No comments:

Post a Comment