Thursday 28 January 2016

MEDICAL ART AND SCHOOL WORK

Since my last post I have been working on further pieces for my MedImmune residency and on teaching year 7 and 8's one afternoon a week.

These are pieces I am working on with Eppindorfs , based on lipids and DNA....





I have also been working on the knitted panels that I want to look like histology slides, there is still a lot of work to do on them but the idea is growing....
I may have mentioned before that I was working on a paper cut as gift for Christmas and so I didn't post any images in case the recipient saw it so here it is..

As for the project I am working on with the students .....


 We looked at the work of Kandinsky, Klee and Calder and then I asked them to make a relief like I have done in my sketchbook photos above. Below are a few examples of their work...

 


Next we're going to make gargoyle type faces!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment