Tuesday 14 June 2016

RETURN TO WORK


I have not blogged for ages I know and I must apologise but this year hasn't been great for me so far. For those of you who don't follow my Instagram or Facebook pages, the first three months of this year saw the very sad decline in my Dads health leading to his death in March and the three months since have been very hard. My Dad was wonderful, my greatest supporter as an artist , always encouraging and my biggest fan. He was always the same and had encouraged me to follow my passion all through my formative years, he never once doubted I would become a professional artist even when I did ( and some times still do!!). Due to these circumstances I have had several months of not being very productive and after his death I found the solitude of the studio almost unbearable - too much time and quiet to think about my grief. I am pleased to say that I have been back at work now for a few weeks and am being rather productive. 




I have been working on my knitted histology slides, I've been adding beaded nuclei and embroidering cell walls on each panel as you can see above. Almost five of the eight panels are complete.



Another way of feeling better has been spending time in the garden, here are some photos of the joys there; 








No comments:

Post a Comment