Tuesday 15 March 2011

Five down, three to go! The Count Down Begins....


How yummy do these bracket fungi look? Even if I say so myself they are really scrumptious. I can now tick off Knitted Mushrooms, Bracket Fungi, Leaf Litter, Purple Feathery Rush Heads and the Moss Carpet for our exhibition, Rural Collusions. Only Puffballs to finish in the studio and the weaving in the trees and veins in the bark to construct on site and the work will all be complete( she smiles smugly to herself)! These'll look even better on the trees at SWT Lackford Lakes. 

As I mentioned I have also completed my Moss Carpet - here are some pictures of it. They show close ups of the rag rugging in the knitting, (of course made in moss stitch), and one of the whole thing laid out on my living room floor. 




Not long now until Rural Collusions opens at Thornham Walks, Thornham Magna and SWT Lackford Lakes. My collaborator, Ruth Richmond (not mother nature), has created some amazing feathered pieces for the exhibition that are really stunning. Check out her website web.me.com/ruthrichmond and see more images of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment