Monday 7 March 2011

Purple loveliness!

Scrumptious isn't it, yes these delicious yarns are the beginnings of my purple feathery rush heads that I am making for "Rural Collusions." The point 5 yarn is a delight to work with and the lime/pistachio green knotted pieces are cotton dyed with purple feathery rush heads!!! They are actually called common reeds but my dear friends, Nicola (www.halfpennyhome.blogspot.com) and Sam who have taught me all I know about natural dyes, always call them purple feathery rush heads and it's a much more evocative, poetic name so I use it too. (You too can get help with natural dyes in Nic's fabulous new book, A Green Guide to Country Crafts, get one it's gorgeous). 
Here are the reeds, once i've made them, I hope you approve, and think I've done the materials justice. They will look even better in situ at Suffolk Wildlife Trusts Lackford Lakes as they will reflect the reed beds that are growing near by but they look quite lovely in my veg patch for the sake of photos. I hope you agree.

1 comment:

  1. What gorgeous, lovely, yummy stuff! They look fab, I can't believe how many you have made!
    I can't wait to see it all in situ, Nic x

    ReplyDelete